Thursday 28 October 2010

If a tired child is a grumpy child, then...

Flipping Heck! What a day...

I knew this wouldn't be easy but flip... So this post will probably end up being very different than how it started out as I have some how deleted the whole of the post I already wrote out, but Ill give it a go..

Okay this is my third go at writing this as the second wasn't really appropriate...

I was hoping to try and only write helpful positive things in here but the honest true is that things arent great everyday. I guess helps to know they aren't bad every day too.

So today was very hard day and the result of the day was that I went out for a little drive in search for a hug, but no one was home....

However a Hug did arrive in the form of a very dear Police Officer friend of Richard and mine (who just dropped in for a cup of tea, not because we were in trouble..lol) and so that was a huge blessing and with this friend being around we managed to talk though some of my grumpinesses and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

The honest true is that I am just so tired, too tired to cope with even the stupid little things like the kids having a bit of a whine or if I brake a plate. I have had disturbed sleep for over a month now for a number of reasons , nightmares, kids waking up and a horrid cough, so all in all am pretty pooped....

but being the daft cow that I am instead of getting to bed early so I can mange tomorrow better I have taken to watching TV till late and hiding from my problems because I am so scared that tomorrow will be a pants day again (which of course it is because I am tired!)

If tired child is a grumpy, moany, unhappy child, and so the same is probably true for grown ups... right?

So Step number 1 in trying to feel more human and feeling alive is to get more sleep! I am going to make myself a little promise and please feel free to check up on me on this one...

I promise myself that I will get 20 early nights over the next 30 days. Early night means in bed for 9:30pm with lights out at 10pm... NO sneeky reading, watching TV or talking till the wee hours of the morning Miss Rebekah Jane.. You will get more sleep and you will start to feel more human.. and shake that cold...

Good Night xxx ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment